Thursday, November 17, 2011

Two and Terrific!

Yousef is turning two! This is a great time to reflect on how TERRIFIC (and terrible:P) he is.

I can't even begin to describe where the time has gone. But one thing is for sure: like the most expensive paper towel on the market, I've soaked it all up as best as I could. I frequently like to revisit Yousef as a baby (I think 2 means he has officially graduated baby status *insert sad face here*) by looking at old pictures and videos. They make my heart flutter and my cheeks hurt! While I miss those glorious days, I'm fortunate enough to relive those amazing moments now with Lana (who is 4 months old, but more on her later!).

Yousef is many things. He's rambunctious, fun-loving, a jokester, the sweetest kid you'll find, and one of the most opinionated little munchkins I know, to put it nicely!

Here are a few fun facts about Yousef:
-He LOVES, I mean L-O-V-E-S, Thomas the Tank Engine and all other trains.
-His love for Elmo is dwindling by the day.
-He fell off his tricycle for the first time a few weeks, cut his lip, and managed to push his tooth back (but so far he's ok!)
-He loves basketball and soccer. MashaALLAH he has quite an arm and a firm kick! Ronaldo in the making!
-He likes to wear his Jordans (shoes). Who knew a kid that small could have an opinion on what he wears?
-He should be called the ice-cream monster (or the sweet-toothed monster) <--We still fight that battle daily, sweets are not food, sweets are NOT food!
-He talks a mile a minute, likes to make eye contact when having a conversation (both make driving difficult!), and half the time (more than half) I don't undrstand what he is saying! But he in confident in his talking and LOVES to tell stories. More often than not he wakes up taking about "Thos. Choo choo twaaaain! *Insert a bunch of words I dont understand here* Mama, giddo, bye, oofy wi2i3 boom") (Transalated: Thomas choo choo train! Mom, grandpa, go bye bye, yousef fell boom!)
-Yousef is a parrot. Be careful what you say around him.
-He loves his baby sister and often likes to copy her as she kicks her legs on the floor. This can be very dangerous for Lana at times.
-Yousef is counting from 1-10 (he doesn't know what it means yet!), can chime in when I sing the alphabet song.
-He likes to sing songs with hand motions and loves ring-a-round-a-rosy!


Two weeks ago we had Yousef's birthday party (just an intimate gathering with the grandparents and aunt/uncles). Thank GOD for that. Aside from the fact that a two year old has no idea what a birthday party is, he was moody enough to make me THANKFUL that there was not a huge crowd there. Even with just us he seemed overstimulated, but he DID have a BLAST! Since Yousef loves Thomas so much, I decided to make him a Thomas cake! It took 5 days to make (I did a little bit each day) and it turned out OK. The hardest part was frosting the cake, but in the end it's the thought (and the taste of course) that count! Here are a few pics from the night:


He wore his Thomas costume for 4 minutes and 38 seconds.




Here is that tantrum I was telling you about, when we didn't open his gift right away.


Family pic!


Someone opted to have a lollipop instead of cake!



Here is the messy, time-consuming, yet tasty Thomas Cake made by Yours Truly! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment