My last post sat in my draft posts for over a month. Yes, life has been that busy. But here I am today to update you all about Lana and the latest happenings at home!
Lana is 5.5 months old now. She is currently rolling in both directions, all over the room. I can no longer keep her on her playmat so we lay out a blanket with a bunch of baby toys for her to explore and move about as she sees fit. :) The other day, she managed to roll herself up in the blanket by rolling over repeatedly and ended up looking like burrito! It was so funny I had to grab my camera:
And at the tender age of five months, Lana started eating solids! Woot! Woot! Mashallah she is loving it so far. I knew she was ready because every time she sat in my lap as I ate, she would open her mouth when the spoon came her way (mind you, I was the one eating:P) So it came as no surprise to me when she welcomed rice cereal with open lips. She's now eating squash, peas, carrots, applesauce, rice cereal. We'll be adding new foods slowly:) Here is a picture of Lana's first time eating carrots:
As I'm typing this post I look over at her, as she's laying on the floor on her stomach sucking her thumb, and she just smiles big at me. Like she knows I'm writing about her. :)
Yousef also had some firsts recently. Of course he's still obsessed with Thomas and all his friends. So I'm trying to branch him out to see the other fun things we can do together, like play-doh and finger painting! Here are a few pics I took about a week ago of him exploring
And that's all for now! We're going to play and grow some more for now!
Lana is 5.5 months old now. She is currently rolling in both directions, all over the room. I can no longer keep her on her playmat so we lay out a blanket with a bunch of baby toys for her to explore and move about as she sees fit. :) The other day, she managed to roll herself up in the blanket by rolling over repeatedly and ended up looking like burrito! It was so funny I had to grab my camera:
Ok, so I should have taken the pic from the side. Not much burrito showing here, but cute little munchkin for sure!
And at the tender age of five months, Lana started eating solids! Woot! Woot! Mashallah she is loving it so far. I knew she was ready because every time she sat in my lap as I ate, she would open her mouth when the spoon came her way (mind you, I was the one eating:P) So it came as no surprise to me when she welcomed rice cereal with open lips. She's now eating squash, peas, carrots, applesauce, rice cereal. We'll be adding new foods slowly:) Here is a picture of Lana's first time eating carrots:
As I'm typing this post I look over at her, as she's laying on the floor on her stomach sucking her thumb, and she just smiles big at me. Like she knows I'm writing about her. :)
Yousef also had some firsts recently. Of course he's still obsessed with Thomas and all his friends. So I'm trying to branch him out to see the other fun things we can do together, like play-doh and finger painting! Here are a few pics I took about a week ago of him exploring
And that's all for now! We're going to play and grow some more for now!

الله يحميهم ويفر حك بيهم آمين.
ReplyDelete