Friday, August 19, 2011

Gosh, I'm really bad at this posting thing, aren't I?  Well, here goes nothing!

Things have been crazy busy lately.  Between still trying to adjust to life with two kids, family in town, ramadan (9th month of the muslim lunar calendar where we fast from dawn until dusk), and Mohamed's summer school class that kept him out till 10 pm for four nights a week (yikes!).... I managed to stay sane and write about it!

Lana is fast approaching her 3 month mark and I'm reveling in her new developments.  For this month it's: the social smile! She loves to smile at Yousef when he plays with her (and boy does she stare him down).  Lana is starting to smile at me when I talk to her, and the best time is in the morning when she first wakes up.  Thank God she likes to sleep in like her momma and Yousef, but when she's up,  she sure is a happy baby mashaAllah! She is growing nicely al7amdulillah, quickly outgrowing her adorable outfits (some she only wore 2 or 3 times!).  But I'm happy because she finally fit into this one:




Yousef is soon to be two years old, and mashaallah he has a lot to show for it.  He's starting talking in 2-3 word sentences.  Both in arabic and english. Yay! He has an affinity for basketball (or any sport involving a ball), he has a major sweet tooth, gives me the hardest time eating (not sure how he survives on two bites of an egg and a few crackers all day long), is starting to figure out how to play on our emotions, is very rambunctious and opinionated.  He cracks me up!  To prove he loves basketball, he must dress the part:


As for me, I'm about to start school again very soon, so life will get more and more interesting! But, I can't wait to have my regularly scheduled mom-time (even if it is school!).  Well, that's all for now:)  This tired momma has GOT to get some sleep:)

No comments:

Post a Comment