Monday, July 25, 2011

A Rare Opportunity

It's a rare moment in the Elkadi house where I'm actually home, both kids are asleep, and dinner's on the stove. PHEW! I can FINALLY sit down for a few minutes to update my cyber-fans on our happenings of late!

Well, Lana is 8 weeks old today! Almost two months!  Time flies by in a very scary way. Just today I was hugging Yousef on my lap when I realized he's already almost outgrown it.  He is hot and cold when it comes to cuddles.  Usually he wants to cuddle when Lana is breastfeeding (jealous!).  But most of the time he won't stop for a hug or kiss:(  I just have to steal them from him in passing.  My baby's all grown up! It's only a matter of time before he'll start telling me how embarassing it is that I hug and kiss him in front of his friends. *Insert Evil Laugh Here*

These past two months have been a roller coaster.  But compared to my two months with Yousef, this is like a kiddie rollercoaster!  I mean, yes, I have two now.  While it is difficult and challenging, at least I know what I am doing.  I have to say that I'm doing much better than I expected I would be, al7amdulillah!  We've had family in and out since she was born, so there was always help (even my 13 year old niece would help... with the dirty diapers too!!1 Thanks Iman!).  But with all that family, there's been little down time at home.  I'm in Sugar Land almost every other day.  In fact, I spent the entire weekend there this weekend due to much needed babysitting during "mommy time!" That's right. I treated myself this weekend to a photography class (can't wait to practice and post what I've learned) and a lil fun in the sun with some girlfriends!

But I digress.

Yousef is a sweet older brother.  He kisses and hugs her (sometimes while laying down on TOP of Lana.. but we'll get to that in a moment).  He protects her (once I caught him pushing his older cousin away from Lana and yelling "no, zido [cousin], no baby nana!" while he tried to kiss her and play with her, awww).  He sings to her (Baaaby Lana, Baby Lana, I love you!).  He lets me know when she's crying, he smiles when she wakes up.

But there's another side to Yousef's relationship to Lana.  Like any other toddler, he is jealous!  He tests me to see what I will do if he pokes her, pulls her leg, strokes her hair (sometimes he's really just doing this out of curiosity, but many other times he's looking at me defiantly waiting for me to react!)  So far we've only had two or three instances where Lana cries from something he's done to her.  He usually ends up kissing her instead of pulling her leg when I ask him to stop. It's sweet.

And Baby Lana loooves her big brother too! She loves to smile for him, and her cousins.  That's right, she's starting to smile.  It melts me heart (sorry for the cliche).

Well, naptime is over now, so I'll have to run!  I'm hoping to update more often now that things are starting to settle down more.  But for now, here are a few pics to keep you entertained:)

These next three portraits were taken of Lana at 10 days old by my friend Dessa from Awfully Pretty Photography. Check her out, she's great!




These photos are just a select few from the last two months:)

All dressed in Red, White, and Blue for the fourth of July. GREAT fireworks here in Baytown:)

Yousef's first trip to Chuck E. Cheese's!

My little American cutie:)

Makes me laugh, even in her sleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment